• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Warrington Town v Exeter City Prediction Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We should go there and stuff them - but it will be cagey they will come out the blocks flying - once the game settles down and the professional player settles in we will win comfortably

1-3 , Nichols to start and score

IndoMike

0-2 City.....

AlanDevlin

This game has me rather in the mind of the 1968/69 Man Utd game at SJP (except we are not the current European cup holders.... )

They will score an early goal and the media will go berserk with talk of upsets, but quality will gradually tell as we ease to a 1-3 win.

Avening Posse

I am having visions of a highly voiciferous baying crowd stood right next to the pitch at playing level mostly, who will scream at the referee for absolutely every challenge. If we can ignore that, and the ref is half decent, I think we will be fine, but I for one am certainly not expecting a walk in the park

downthetrack

Should be a comfortable win. Good night out Warrington used to be, not been up their for a few year though, Mr Smiths nightclub was a very good club think that's levelled now.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, so apols if it has: Warrington online press.

contrabombarde

Memories of Alvechurch have haunted me since my youth. we probably just had a bad day at the office! ......I predict that this will be a narrow win for us with Grimes sealing his own and our fate with a swerving free kick from 20 yards. Bring on Leicester, Newcastle and Spurs again.

paperclip

This game has me rather in the mind of the 1968/69 Man Utd game at SJP (except we are not the current European cup holders.... )

They will score an early goal and the media will go berserk with talk of upsets, but quality will gradually tell as we ease to a 1-3 win.
Perhaps a more recent analogy would be our win at Farnborough in the rain in the early 90s. We conceded first but then the class of Jepson and Ross shone through and we ended up winning 3-1. A quality day out that one!

Last edited:

Dubai Grecian

A clean sheet for us and a professional approach sees us winning 0-2.

350 Red and Whites, its tradition to go in the home end when playing non, non league teams isnt it, make the trip in a crowd of 2417

Last edited:
I would rather be playing a FL team.

Playing non-league sides that have nothing to lose is always risky. They are not expected to win, they are expected to lose. Thus there is no pressure on them at all. The Football League side is expected to win, thus all the pressure is on them. Because of this, this game will be no pushover. City must take this game with the utmost respect for their opponents, they didn't get this far by luck they got here on merit.

If we play it professionally and play like we know we can, then the correct result should be forthcoming. Under estimating them will be dangerous, being complacent could be fatal.

With our away form, all things being equal we should be in the hat for round two, shouldn't we?

Last edited: