• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who is not going on Saturday due the Ticketing policy or Prices at ECFC?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's all about the individual, isn't it? Because you don't personally like rugby it doesn't automatically make it a F***ing rubbish game - that would be pretentious.

Still, I suppose I'm as intolerant as you are because I can't for the life of me understand why people would be photographed in rubbish looking kit cars and then have the almighty arrogance to shove them on exeweb for all to see.
Good try. This, however, is a football forum so perhaps it might be presumed that the majority of its members preferred the round ball to the oval one.

Red Lion

The worst ever football match is still better than the best ever rugby match.
Mr. Moxey, you once told me I hadn't lived because I've never been to a speedway game or whatever it's called.

I have to say I don't really feel I've missed out.

If you sincerely believe what you're quoted as saying above, I think you haven't lived!

All about opinions!!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've seen rugby on the telly and watched my boy play for the Chiefs nippers for a number of years so I'll happily stand by what I said. An England international at Twickenham or a kids' match at King George V on a Saturday morning? I'll take (and have had that very same choice to make) the kids' game every time.

If you cannot afford the prices, get a job that pays more

citizen

If you cannot afford the prices, get a job that pays more
Chap, A great way to get people into the Park on a Saturday. Over price tickets you complete ****.

Just like to add that at £19 I'm not be planning to attend SJP this year, will attend a few away days but the home prices are not tempting!

Last season was a shocker and I guess ECFC has around 500-1000 floating supporters who the club should be trying everything to entice back, I would now put myself in that category. I will decide late on match day along with a few friends, I do not want to log on and then pick up my tickets for a league 2 home fixture. The ECFC product at present doesn't exactly sell itself and at £19 is over priced.

No issue with an online advanced discount but increasing from £17 to £19 after last season and the current squad is quite simply stupid. Bring back common sense.

grecian55

So what? They could charge a quid and City £20 and there's still no way I'd go to the Chiefs over ECFC. frankly rugby's f***ing rubbish and not a patch on football so if you'd rather go and watch that on a Saturday afternoon then knock yourself out, but no true football fan would ever abandon it for rugby. The worst ever football match is still better than the best ever rugby match.
Well said Ant ,couldn't have put it better myself ,a friend of mine asked me to go to Chiefs to be a Steward for the Day last season ,i politely turned his request down , my worst nightmare ,i'd rather spend a couple of hours stuck in a lift with GJ !

Chap, A great way to get people into the Park on a Saturday. Over price tickets you complete ****.
I am not your chap, you really couldn't afford me

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, there are people who like more than just one sport? Nothing in the rule book that says you're only allowed to like one sport. However, imo union is carp but have had numerous convos about union/league and union fans will say that league is carp and vice versa. Neither is wrong it's just an opinion or preference. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one.

Anyway: Football is 90 minutes of player's pretending they're injured and rugby is 80 minute's of player's pretending they're not injured.

Last edited:

citizen

I am not your chap, you really couldn't afford me
Did make me chuckle , the complete **** still applies though.