• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
love the optimism but ....erm ...Callum Wilson has eight goals in his last six games .....ollie has none in six
I don't think it works that why, else why would Jordan Pickford get in the side?

Colesman Ballz

love the optimism but ....erm ...Callum Wilson has eight goals in his last six games .....ollie has none in six
But Ollie may have the "inside edge" with Southgate, after all they now both share the distinction of missing important penalties ! :cool:

andrew p long

I don't think it works that why, else why would Jordan Pickford get in the side?
You might be right ... but my post and comment was in response to a post which said that only Kane and Rashford were in better form that Ollie. I was pointing out that Callum Wilson is in better form than Ollie.

StroudGrecian

I think he will be given a chance. Its only Malta and North Macedonia so an excellent opportunity to add to his goal scoring record
Is that the North Macedonia who beat Germany not so long ago?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really like Ollie, he was great for us, but - provocative take:

Ollie is a good PL striker but is he really top drawer? Misses a lot of chances. The media fawn over him because he is photogenic and articulate.

Would we be championing him as England class if he had started his career at Argyle?

Answers on a postcard...

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

Ollie is a good PL striker but is he really top drawer? Misses a lot of chances. The media fawn over him because he is photogenic and articulate.

Would we be championing him as England class if he had started his career at Argyle?

Answers on a postcard...
He isn't one of England's best strikers hence why he hasn't been a regular in England squads. He is though an excellent Premier League player because he is exactly the type of player most managers love. He is quick, he has great fitness and can play across the top end of the pitch in a number of positions centrally or wide. His best attribute is his non stop running and closing down which in the modern game is highly sought after. Added to that is he scores a decent number of goals. That's my answer on a postcard

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

Answers on a postcard...
Good premier league striker, but not a top international IMO.

He's always had that raw edge. Touch not always the greatest, fairly unsubtle - but his directness, shooting technique (when he its the ball, it stays hit!) work rate and eye for goal have served him very, very well.

iscalad

Answers on a postcard...
What's a postcard??

Banksy

What's a postcard??
Don’t take the past away from us isca , it’s all some of us old codgers have got to cling on to.
( Says he tapping away on his iPad)

andrew p long

...predictably misses out on England squad for June games, with Kane,Rashford and Callum Wilson preferred.

(but now awaits 'injury' withdrawals)