• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ribeiro

Bittners a Legend

Recommend the interview with CR on GP. What an articulate, positive and sensible guy he is, and still only 24.
Reckon he's got a really good future in the game. Hopefully with us.
Agreed. I keep having to remind myself that he is still fairly young. It seems so long ago that he came through at Bristol but I remember how excited they were about him at the time.

He's one of Tisdale's best signings in recent memory. His energy to get up and down the pitch is unbelievable and his running makes us so much more dangerous going forward. It isn't always when he has the ball either - but the fact that his runs open up space for the likes of Grimes to operate in the final third.

I hope he signed a 2 year contract and if he didn't I hope negotiations open soon on a new deal for him. Not a perfect player by any means but somebody who should play higher than League Two in my opinion.

flakey pasty

somebody who should play higher than League Two in my opinion.
I think he will be next season, Bitts. ;)

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah cant see him signing another deal TBH ,,,,,,unless of coarse we go up (clap)

Last edited:

flakey pasty

,unless of coarse we go up (clap)
Yeah ...... that's what I meant!

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ribeiro looked awful in Pre-season and in his first couple of competitive games he also looked dodgy but he's really improved over the past 2/3 months. Some people on here have said hes the best right back since Scott Hiley... Dont agree with that.... Remember Steve Tully & Richard Duffy they were good right backs although Duffy went on to play as a central defender.... Ribeiro's a decent player though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ribeiro looked awful in Pre-season and in his first couple of competitive games he also looked dodgy but he's really improved over the past 2/3 months. Some people on here have said hes the best right back since Scott Hiley... Dont agree with that.... Remember Steve Tully & Richard Duffy they were good right backs although Duffy went on to play as a central defender.... Ribeiro's a decent player though.
I thought people said differently about him in pre-season - clearly unfit but looked good.

Ribs is class apart from both Tully and Duffy IMO.

red1

I thought people said differently about him in pre-season - clearly unfit but looked good.

Ribs is class apart from both Tully and Duffy IMO.
Tully ???? seriously ? a half decent Conference player at best.
A good club player but come on !!!
Duffy ? Different story, good player who read the game well and had a fair amount of skill as well.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tully was p1$$ poor, I said it when he was here and I say it now.

The Rib is streets ahead of the player Tully was.

If you are going to succeed as a full back in league one / two you either need to have some pace and energy or be a good footballer with a decent tactical brain, Tully had neither, The Rib has some pace, power and energy, the rest of his game can be developed as he has good raw materials.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tully ???? seriously ? a half decent Conference player at best.
A good club player but come on !!!
Duffy ? Different story, good player who read the game well and had a fair amount of skill as well.
Yes, I wouldn't disagree with that although I rarely felt Tully let the side down. Solid player without ever being anything like irreplaceable. I shed no tears when he left.

Duffy was a very good player but I feel Ribs is more multi-dimensional. Duffy was a solid defensive player who tended to offer almost nothing going forward, whereas I think Ribs probably isn't quite as good defensively as Duffy but has a great engine and offers an awful lot at both ends of the pitch.

Thames Valley Red

Would not surprise me to see someone come in with a £200k deal for him, he is a useful addition to a league 1 club trying to move forward. He could play in the Championship if he improved at the present rate. Like him!