• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The McCormick Treatment...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Luke McCormick killed two children by accident and will feel guilt and remorse for the rest of his life. You were prepared to kill two children on purpose, and be proud of what you did. In the "deeply unpleasant human being" stakes you beat McCormick hands down. I have nothing more to say on the matter.
Who said anything about being proud? Who cares if McCormick feels remorse (if indeed he does) - he was ****ed out of his head and as a result, despite numerous people trying to stop him, he still drove and killed two completely and utterly innocent children doing no harm to anyone. Yet you believe it's worse to administer capital punishment to two boys (not just any two boys either, so don't try and make out we're talking about the indiscriminate state sanctioned killing of any old two here) who systematically tortured, mutilated and murdered a toddler just for a laugh? Perhaps it's you that needs to re-evaluate your moral compass.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Unlike the Wright-Phillips nonsense, which almost (I say "almost"!) made me glad he scored against us and rubbed those supporters' noses in it, I'm not too bothered about chants directed his way, even if I'd never join in with them.

However, I will maintain that I still completely defend his "right" to be playing. He did the crime, he did the time for it (one could argue about whether the time was long enough - that's a different argument entirely), the twin pillars of our justice system are both punitive and restorative, and getting back into playing fulfils the latter. We cannot expect people released from prison to sit on their backsides in a darkened room for the rest of their lives, and the rehabilitation process is all about getting people back into polite society. He has shown a lot of remorse for his actions, I'm sure barely a day goes by without him thinking of his actions that early morning.

He made the ill-informed decision to drive drunk, which had the tragic consequences of killing two boys. We've had numerous players who made the ill-informed decision to drive drunk but were caught before their actions could have tragic consequences. I suspect we've also had numerous other players who made the ill-informed decision to drive drunk and got away with it.

tonykellowfan

He has the right to earn a living, but not in the public eye.

exehausted2

Clearly the faster you drive the more injury is likely to occur if you are in an accident (your fault or not) so does everybody passing judgement here never, ever break a speed limit or jump a red light?

ExeterCityLad

Luke McCormick killed two children by accident and will feel guilt and remorse for the rest of his life. You were prepared to kill two children on purpose, and be proud of what you did. In the "deeply unpleasant human being" stakes you beat McCormick hands down. I have nothing more to say on the matter.
You're trolling, aren't you?

ExeterCityLad

Clearly the faster you drive the more injury is likely to occur if you are in an accident (your fault or not) so does everybody passing judgement here never, ever break a speed limit or jump a red light?
Stupidity beggars belief.

You're comparing someone going 34 in a 30 to the same as getting ****ed up at a wedding and driving back completely off your face and killing 2 innocent kids. Stop. Being. An. Idiot.

arthur

You're trolling, aren't you?
pot...kettle...

ExeterCityLad

pot...kettle...
Is that an admission of guilt? Because it definitely sounds it.

Last edited:

arthur

Is that an admission of guilt? Because it definitely sounds it.
Good point! But no, I stand by everything I said because I believe it, not because I want to wind illiberals like you and Moxey up.

exehausted2

Stupidity beggars belief.

You're comparing someone going 34 in a 30 to the same as getting ****ed up at a wedding and driving back completely off your face and killing 2 innocent kids. Stop. Being. An. Idiot.
Nobody is ever killed at 34mph are they? What about 40 mph, 45 . . .- what's your limit? If you were a grieving relative it would all be the same. The point is those chants help nobody and they are hypocrisy, if we all took a bit more care driving lives would be saved