• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Prolly the same as you and jinx have with that pinky mouth piece, the bbc.
I watch the BBC.

iscalad

I watch the BBC.
I'm watching Pointless, right now.

angelic upstart

I'm watching Pointless, right now.
One of my favourite crap achievements was getting three pointless answers to the final question.

True story

Mr Jinx

Yep, Bit like Jinxy and the BBC that he says he never watches, Funny that.
GB News doesn't make you pay a license which will land you in big trouble if you don't pay.

Grecian2K

What is the strange interest that lefties have in certain TV news channels that they profess they’d never watch anyway? 🤷‍♂️
Don't need to when we've got "Tavistock Tucker" and "Marjorie Taylor-Jinx" to keep us misinformed about the content.

Mind you, before he finally hobbles off from this mortal coil Roops might even rebadge his own right-wing UK TV maouthpiece. He could even call it "Laurence Fox News"

DB9

GB News doesn't make you pay a license which will land you in big trouble if you don't pay.
And?

iscalad

Do you have to watch awful, repetitive adverts, though?

DB9

I never minded Tucker Carlson, I watched him, Oftern disagreed with him but sometimes i agreed with what he said. The thing with the "Stolen" 2020 election was that there has not been one shred of evidence to say Trump was robbed of it, Even 3 years down the road not one piece, Carlson and others peddled this lie not because they believed it, They didn't but it was because their audience did and money (Advertising) talks. No matter how many time Trump said he was robbed, During all the interviews on Fox News and other stations he never came with a file or anything to back up his claims, The Dominion thing has cost Fox News dear imo and i don't think Carlson will be the last to leave.

If the 2020 election was stolen the Democrats, Justice Dept, FBI, Congress, Election Dept, The voting machine makers, Those in charge of Polling stations would all had to have been in cahoots together.

DB9

CNN's "version" of Carlson, Don Lemon has said he has been "terminated" by the broadcaster after 17 years as a host when he found out his contract wasn't being renewed.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I never minded Tucker Carlson, I watched him, Oftern disagreed with him but sometimes i agreed with what he said. The thing with the "Stolen" 2020 election was that there has not been one shred of evidence to say Trump was robbed of it, Even 3 years down the road not one piece, Carlson and others peddled this lie not because they believed it, They didn't but it was because their audience did and money (Advertising) talks. No matter how many time Trump said he was robbed, During all the interviews on Fox News and other stations he never came with a file or anything to back up his claims, The Dominion thing has cost Fox News dear imo and i don't think Carlson will be the last to leave.

If the 2020 election was stolen the Democrats, Justice Dept, FBI, Congress, Election Dept, The voting machine makers, Those in charge of Polling stations would all had to have been in cahoots together.
"Not one piece" isn't strictly true - there has been evidence presented but it was thought not to have been enough in any area to cause a different result.

Anyway, Biden has announced he will be running in 2024, or as the excellent Babylon Bee puts it:

Biden Announces He's Been Told He's Running Again In 2024 | Babylon Bee